Welcome to era5cli’s documentation!
A command line interface to download ERA5 data from the Copernicus Climate Data Store.
With era5cli you can:
- Download meteorological data in GRIB/NetCDF, including ERA5 data from the preliminary back extension, and ERA5-Land data.
- List and retrieve information on available variables and pressure levels
- Select multiple variables for several months and years
- Split outputs by years (and optionally months), producing a separate files instead of merging them in one file
- Download multiple files at once
- Extract data for a sub-region of the globe
For information on how to use era5cli, please go to the user guide.